Parental involvement is a combination of commitment and active participation on the part of parent to the school and to the student. As parents you can ensure that your child receives the benefits from parental involvement by staying up to date on what is happening in the classroom.
Tulsa Public Schools is committed to helping your child develop the academic knowledge and critical thinking he or she needs to succeed in school and beyond. As a result, these involvement opportunities empower parents to take action. By connecting parents to school officials, community members, other parents, knowledge, and powerful allies, these opportunities build bridges and networks that support schools and sustain whole communities.
Key Elementary volunteer Opportunities
Key is excited to invite parents into our building and classrooms! We work hard to make sure you have every opportunity to be as engaged as you can in your student's school. Back to School Night, Family Literacy Nights, STEAM Family Nights, PTA events, Winter Dance, and conferences are just a few. We also love to see parents fill the seats at our weekly rise and shine assemblies, where students are often recognized. Look at our calendar and flyers for upcoming events for your student. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out!
How to Volunteer
We welcome parent and community volunteers in our schools! Check with your child's teacher(s) or school leadership team to find out how you can help out before, during, and after the school day. Volunteers must complete an application and security screening. If you are interested, please contact our Parent Involvement Facilitator, Kelly Tomlinson.
- Amini's Galleria
- Tulsa Bible Church
- Harvard Avenue Christian Church
- Sam's Club
- Johnny Carino's
- Tulsa Community Foundation
- Assistance League of Tulsa
- Food Bank of Eastern Oklahoma
- Project Elf
- Church of the Resurrection
- CiCi's Pizza
- Kirk of the Hills
At Key, we value the voices of our parents. Please take a minute to fill out the feedback form and let us know what you think!
Key Elementary PTA
top volunteer opportunities
- Lunch Buddies - lunch buddies are paired with a student and come have lunch once a week with that student.
- Reading Partners - work through the Reading Partners program to get scheduled and trained and then come regularly to help students one on one with their reading skills. This volunteer opportunity can really shape a student's future!
- Classroom Volunteers - Teachers have a huge work load and volunteers in the classroom can be a game changer. You can help set up parties or even make copies.